Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What a Difference


I am continually exhilarated by possibilities.  Life, and everything about it, just gives me goosebumps.  The fact that we are given the opportunity to make a difference each day we are gifted on this Earth captures me.
 purpose:: the reason for which something exists or is done, made, used, etc.

 When I attended the Making Things Happen Intensive in Watercolor, FL this past December I was asked to write down my life purpose.  I was told to make it a phrase that encouraged action and be prepared to share it with the group.  As I sat in a room full of inspirational professionals, I knew none of the words I would hear out of their mouths would encompass stagnant behavior.  That simply would not be tolerated.
So I thought. 
What excited me?  What made my heart race and my mind flow?  What made me smile my biggest smile and cry my hardest tears? 
Encouragement:: from others, to others, for others. to lift up, to praise, to be joyful for...others.

To Encourage.

 That is my purpose.  And knowing it has made ALL the difference. 
A whole world of opportunity was presented to me that day in Florida.  One that I knew existed but didn't know my place in.  One that I now get to experience on a daily basis.  A world that has stretched me, challenged me and provided me with endless opportunities to live out my purpose with and for people I love.  Some of whom I have never met in person.
It's amazing what a difference it makes to put down the worries, fears and the insecurities we hide behind. stop. and listen.

to your heart.

to your head.

to your soul.

awaken your purpose
and LIVE it.

what a difference YOU can make.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails