Sunday, December 13, 2009

"Feeling the Fear"


The savvy soul who is putting on the Making Things Happen Intensive I am attending next week wrote a post a few weeks ago that really sparked something inside of me.

You see, I have been sitting on an absolutely crazy and intricate yet passionate idea for almost a year now.  I have no doubt that it could be the exact thing that many people need as they go through the process of planning an event that leads to a major change in their lives.  Weddings, Babies, Company openings, etc.  Problem is, I AM TERRIFIED.  There, I said it.  Whew.  I'm scared, people.  It takes some guts to put something out there that you have been dreaming up for so long.  I have no clue if anyone else will think it is a good idea.  It fits nicely in the box that I have hid it in for so long.  It could fail miserably.  But regardless, I feel that I should follow some instructions that have been given lately:

Pull the trigger, make the leap, feel the fear and do it anyway! Fear exists to make you think. Don't let it paralyze you. -Lara Casey
 
Over the next few months, I will be feeling my fears, feeding my faith, sharing my ideas with those that mean the most to me both personally and professionally, presenting you with my idea, and asking for lots of feedback.

Feed your fears, and your faith will starve.
Feed your faith, and your fears will. – Max Lucado


This week - in addition to the usual visual yumminess that I will have posted on the blog, I will be posting some of the hard questions I will be asking myself, my answers, and my notes as I prepare for the intensive next week.  I challenge you - as I lay it all out and become vulnerable (the single most terrifying thing for me), that you do the same with something/someone that has been burdening your heart.  As always, the comments on all posts will be open. Or if you desire a more private way to share, contact me: lauren at laurenkellyevents dot com.
 
Been waiting for the "right moment" to embrace and conquer the hard parts of life, the scary things you sweep under the rug, the uncomfortable topics?  The time is now.  Don't let this year end without taking some time to renew and regroup for a successful 2010.  You deserve it.


                                                                                                 Here's to enjoying the journey!
                                                                                                                  Lauren

 

1 comment:

Catie said...

Here's to feeling the fear and doing it anyway! Great meeting you in Dallas :) Make it happen girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails