Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sing to me!



Ah, music... how I love thee.

Mr. V and I have decided to go a bit more modern on the music end of our ceremony. We decided early on that Canon in D was not an option (no offense). I have heard that song played a lot and while it is beautiful and, as a wedding coordinator, one of the first songs I suggest to help those bridesmaids pace their steps... it is just "not us."

So, here are some songs that I am wanting to throw into the mix.... I have no clue exactly where we are putting them so I am definitely open to input but, I just wanted to share.... if you want to steal a few for yourself, go for it... just don't tell me... i have this complex about being unique :).

Ok, our first song is off of Jason Mraz's new CD. It is his duet with Colbie Caillat titled "Lucky".
Love it... I mean, hello, the lyrics say "Lucky I'm in love with my best friend"

Number 2 has been a favorite song of mine for a couple of years now... many of you heard it on an Old Navy commercial last fall but it is by Ingrid Michaelson and is titled "The Way I Am." I love the true to life love it describes and the quirky (i.e. "I'll buy you rogaine, when you start losing all your hair.") lyrics would be perfect to help me not boo hoo the whole way down the aisle.

pick 3 is one I heard off of one of my favorite T.V. shows, One Tree Hill(team peyton&lucas!), and is titled "We are Man and Wife." (how perfect, no?) The artist is Michelle Featherstone. For all of you other OTH fans, this is the song Haley walked down the aisle to at her and Nathan's 2nd wedding :).

The 4th is the song Mr. V sang at the wedding in summer of 2007 that marked the beginning of this chapter of our relationship. It is by Andy Davis, titled "Bigger than Us." Man, it gets me EVERY time.... I wish Mr. V could sing it but, he will kill me for saying this, he is a big softy and I just don't think he could make it through it.

And number 5 is By Dave Barnes.... Although there are tons of songs of his that could be used at a wedding, I love the one titled " I Have and I Always Will". The only downfal is that Mr. V and I hate the first line... it just doesn't suit our relationship.... we really aren't scared. But, man, the rest of this song is just mesmerizing and absolutely pure... yea, pure, I guess that is the best word.

So, check them out and let me know what you think.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails